Mingei International Museum is a nonprofit institution, and relies on the generosity of members, volunteers and contributors to sustain its mission of collecting, conserving and exhibiting mingei—art of the people. Your support helps the Museum offer stunning exhibitions and quality educational programs that enhance the lives of visitors of all ages. If you have been inspired by an exhibition or an experience at Mingei, please consider joining our community of supporters.
How can you participate?
- Join the Museum. As a member, enjoy free admission and guest passes; Museum store discounts, reduced program and excursion fees; invitations to exclusive previews and events; and many other special privileges. Limited time discounts for new or rejoining members.
- Purchase a gift membership for a friend or colleague.
- Make a financial donation. Discover the many ways you can support Mingei International’s operations, exhibitions and programs. Donate to the Museum’s general funds or designate a specific purpose for your tax-deductible contribution.
- Corporate and Community Partners – support the arts and enjoy benefits and privileges while enhancing your organization’s visibility.
- Host a corporate or private event at the Museum.
- Donate art. Many objects in Mingei International Museum’s renowned collection were acquired as gifts through the generosity of distinguished collectors.
- Volunteer. Donate your time by assisting Museum staff in visitor services, receptions, collection documentation and numerous other areas. Trained docents provide guided tours for adults and schoolchildren.
You may make a gift directly to Mingei International Museum from your Donor Advised Fund. Click on the widget below to find yours and designate an amount. Please contact James Miller at 619.704.7493 with any questions.